Sourcing, Welfare & Sustainability
At Naturediet we pride ourselves on being a natural and ethical company.
We're an environmentally conscious business that takes active steps to reduce our carbon footprint through the following principles.
We’re very picky when it comes to sourcing ingredients for our products.
We only ever source ingredients from UK suppliers and wherever possible we try to source produce locally from the Norfolk area where we’re based.
- 40% of our ingredients are sourced from suppliers in Norfolk & Suffolk who, like Naturediet, are audited by AVHLA and DEFRA approved.
- Our rice is sourced from a company based in Suffolk who have been trading since 1974. They sort and screen the product before sending to us, to ensure we receive only the finest quality ingredients. They are fully approved by the Feed Materials Assurance Scheme (FEMAS).
- Our vegetables are locally grown and supplied to us from a farming business down the road in Watton, Norfolk. They are part of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and hold organic accreditation.
As a business that aims to improve the lives of animals through nutrition, it’s only natural that we care deeply about animal welfare.
- The meat we use within our recipes is responsibly sourced from ethical suppliers with full traceability.
- If we are unable to ethically source meat or fish then we will not produce a specific variety of product – we recently discontinued our rabbit meat meal for this very reason.
We’re always trying to reduce our carbon footprint and make changes that will positively impact the environment.
- Our food is manufactured by us in Norfolk, not overseas, and we use local suppliers to reduce road miles and harmful gas emissions.
- Our factory is geared to saving energy by recycling water and heat during our production and we also use energy saving electrical fittings.
- Our innovative Tetra Pak packaging is widely recyclable in the UK. It is made from FSC certified paperboard and it is BPA free.
- We include not only the best before date on our packaging but also the date and time that every pack of food was produced ensuring even better traceability of every single pack.